Which Dremel works with the Pen Wizard?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VE5MDH

Ladies & Gentlemen (and others too)...

I've been reading through the posts (started with 2008, and am working my way forward in time). I have noticed that there seems to be some sort of issue as to which Dremel's work with the Pen Wizard.

Am I correct to say that the simple models work, but the fancy ones are not compatible?

Could you please share which model you use with your PW?

I was looking at getting the 4200, but the VS seems to be a major headache with the brushes, windings & motors on this version. Sure it has a ton of toys to boot, but if there is a major design flaw with the variable speed, switch or motor, then this may be a hit or miss. (I've never seen so many 1 star reviews on a product at this sticker price for a Dremel!

Does anyone use the 4200 6/40 Series EZ-CHANGE High Performance Rotary Tool Kit?

How about the 3000 series?

200 or 100?

Your thoughts please what do you use?

Michael & Andrea

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VE5MDH

I have all of these models the smaller series require extra ballast IMHO otherwise they tend to skip.

Peter.

Peter,

Do you have the 4200 model? And if so, have you experienced any issues with the unit?

We purchased the 4200 yesterday, and noticed that the head of the unit is smaller than my previous Dremel's. I am a little concerned as to the mounting of this Dremel on the PW.

I bought the 4200 for the amperage, weight & a few of the attachments, not for the Feedback I have read on the unit, which is below Dremel Standards. I'll just photocopy the receipt and keep it in the storage box with the manual.

Michael & Andrea

VE5MDH

If you have the budget, take a look at a Foredom. I use one with my Pen Wizard.

I got the SR motor with a dial speed control.
Foredom Electric Co. - 1/6 HP- Series SR Motors and Speed Controls

Wife informs me that we must sell pens to budget for the Foredom. No can do out of the household budget, since I've dropped over $5k on this Hobby, of which we have yet to sell a single pen yet.

Selling the pens right now is not my worries, it is mastering the techniques down to a science. We have some good ideas to work on, and I'm very pleased to see how Andrea has taken over the lathe! I get the bandsaw, drill press & table saw. At times I also rough the blanks to rounds for her to turn down.

Real nice teamwork we have going on here! Yes, the Foredom will be a nice addition to the mini-shop. Baby steps, one step at a time! First Google, then absorb all I can from everyone including yourself!

Thanks for sharing!

Michael & Andrea

VE5MDH

Top Bottom