Beall bits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JosephDurham

My PW will arrive Tuesday morning according to Beall Tool Co. Very excited. I am going to be going out today to get me a few burrs to play around with once it arrives, as I did not purchase any of the ones sold by Beall.

Here is my question, are there not burrs out there that will do the same job as those sold by Beall for the Dremel at a cheaper price?

Thanks,

Joseph

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KBs Pensnmore

My PW will arrive Tuesday morning according to Beall Tool Co. Very excited. I am going to be going out today to get me a few burrs to play around with once it arrives, as I did not purchase any of the ones sold by Beall.

Here is my question, are there not burrs out there that will do the same job as those sold by Beall for the Dremel at a cheaper price?

Thanks,

Joseph
In Australia the cost of Dremel bits and Beall bits are nearly the same with postage.
There is not a great choice to choose from Dremel.
Kryn

BKelley

Joseph,

I have a Pen Wizzard and would recommend buying Beall's cutters. In some cases you can use Dremel burrs, but you will get optimum results if you have his cutters along with a few Dremel burrs.

Ben

Marco

Joseph,

I have a Pen Wizzard and would recommend buying Beall's cutters. In some cases you can use Dremel burrs, but you will get optimum results if you have his cutters along with a few Dremel burrs.

Ben

I totally agree with Ben, the Beall's cutters are custom designed for use on the PW in all sort of materials that J.R. Beall explains so well in his video on the DVD that came with your PW. :usflag:
Perhaps this is the reason why you're having troubles cutting acrylic materials mentioned in your previous thread.

Hexhead

Please be advised that the little 7-bit said he sells for 80 bucks does not include the rope turning bit! You can buy all the other bits that Lowell's or Home Depot. I went to order just the rope cutting bit and it was going to be $11 shipping for seven dollar bit. I called them up and they said it's best to call in the order and it would only be about two dollars shipping. I almost ordered the little set in well I had them on the phone about it in man I'm glad I did. I would've been a little hot under the collar if I do get those seven and then realized the only one I really wanted was the one that wasn't there.

Hexhead

Update............ my bits weren't as sharp as I thought. I went to pick up some more Dremel's and I just couldn't find the ones I wanted anymore. Now I'm thinking they were Dremel in the first place I think I got them from a dentist supply house, too many years of went by.

So being just over $11 apiece for Bealls, I went ahead and ordered a set. I mean I was all jacked up about that rope cutting bit and now I found a better way to make rope and that's to cut it from the side like when you're making a polygon pen.

So back to beall bits, they came in the other day and boy was I impressed these are really really quality bits. I must admit I haven't tried them yet, but being a wanta-be machinist I know a good bit when I see it. I can see that each bit in the seven should do a great job in any pattern that you can come up with. So listen to BK Kelly and Marco instead of me.

Top Bottom