Check in and notification thread.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Post in this thread so I know you found it and you can be notified when there is a new post.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Not that there is a big hurry but you can start dusting off your contests and update any changes if needed.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Present - very busy at work right now, so my replies may be delayed a bit. Hopefully things will ease up by Feb

Edgar

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
There are changes to the Bash being discussed currently. I will keep everyone informed as soon as I know what is decided.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
There will be a decrease in the contests that are held in the upcoming Bash.
We will be eliminating some of the contests that are no longer drawing enough entries to warrant continuing them.
The contest we will be running will be.

1- Ball point kit,- if its a ball point including slimline its in. NO cnc work.-KEnV

2-Pretty Wood, -any kit but must be a wood blank, segmenting may or may not be used depending on Chairman's choice. -BrianG
3-Kitless, -no kit parts other than a clip, no cnc work etc. -Stevej
4-Openclass/ Freestyle,- anything goes.

5-Poly clay -SteveJ
6-Advanced/ Freestyle Casting -Mr Vic

7-Youth under 13 -Stonepecker
8-Youth over 14-17- Stonepecker

9-pen box
10-Shop life - photo contest
11-Puzzles - Edgar
12- random contest (ugly, difficult, pen to pen maker, or other) - MBroberg

Edgar will run Puzzles as his schedule permits.
MIke Broberg will run a contest under the random contest of his choice.

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Creid will not be able to help this year.
Wayne,( Stonepecker) has the Youth contests again.
If you ran one of the remaining contests from last year you have first choice on running it again this year. The rest can be spoken for.

Brian G

Thanks for the update.

I'll Chair the Pretty Wood Pen Contest again. No segmenting.

Ballpointers can do all the segmenting they want; leave the segmenting in that contest. Odds are pretty good that there will be a new Ballpoint champion this year. Maybe. . . who knows. . . :wink: Don't think a Grand Slam is possible.

No CREID? Dang. . . :frown: Wonder if I can con him into shamelessly bumping the Pretty Wood Contest eleventybillion times a day. :biggrin:

If I had a vote in the random contest, or at least could sway the chair, I'd encourage something different than the difficult to write with. I think we exhausted the "sharp things stuck on a pen" concept.

Mr Vic

What no Freestyle Casting? :confused: It had more entries then the Basic Casting or Poly Clay and Creid has bailed on us.

He got me again!

Oh well! Hey I'll run whatever contest you need, I can plagiarize last years rules and keep on keeping on! :glasses-cool:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
It will be the Freestyle casting contest, the basic contest has been eliminated for just that reason. You can call it what ever suits you, Freestyle, or Advanced, or what ever makes it wonderful.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Ken, if you see a contest you would like to run let me know. The Ball point had lots of activities last year and would take more work than most of the remaining ones.

Entries will be emailed to you and you will need to post pictures, polls and results.
We will have the entries emailed to a contest email that will be forwarded to you.
You can copy last years contest rules or use them and change it to what you think would make a better contest.

KenV

Mike - I am game for what ever, where ever you need me. Make an assignment and I will run with it. (No objections to ballpoints where I sense you were hinting).

Made it from Alaska to Tucson with a new knee scheduled for the 19th. Life is good and will be better without the current left knee joint.

Ken in in Snowbird mode in tucson.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
we need to start new threads for each contest, post your rules even if your going to use them from last year. We will transfer those threads into the Bash Forum when it is created.
We will also copy them into casual conversation or the activities manager forum for public input. Please have them ready to post by Wednesday of next week. If you are already ready to go you can post them now in the Public Forums. Blatantly promoting your contest is encouraged.:biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have posted two contests if you need an example. All contests will start on Feb 1st, the ending date is up to you. I chose Monday the 19th at midnight that allows about 3 weeks for them to get a pen made. My contests dont usually have a large number of entries so its pretty easy to post a poll and decide a winner.
We will be setting up email accounts for each contest again that will be forwarded to your personal email accounts. I will also get a copy of the entry email. Respond to each entry so they know you received it. We have had instances where the entry was blocked by Spam filters. If you post your rules for discussion in the Activities Manager forum I can edit them as needed if needed. If you post them in the Casual conversation I cannot. I can edit them in the Planning forum, those are your official ones that will be transferred to the actual Bash forum.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
If you are not familiar with uploading photos into the thread and not as thumbnails please practice and get proficient at it. The larger photos make it easier to see and compare entries over the small thumbnails as well as having to open and close every one of them.
You can actually put all the entries into one thread posting or put each entry in its own separate posting in the thread, its up to you.

Mr Vic

Quick question. Are contest emails being setup or should we provide one of our own? I still have the gmail account set up for the youth contest.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I will have Jeff set up specific IAP email accounts for each contest. They may already exist from last year. They will forward to your personal emails and mine as well. That way I have a copy if needed.

Brian G

Sorry, Mike! I misunderstood. I realized that I was supposed to put the rules in the Activities Manger forum for general viewing. :redface:

Good grief. . . I'll get this right eventually.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'm in Hawaii on a business trip & will be here for another week. I'll start planning the Puzzles Contests when I get back home.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We need to post our rules here also. We will move them to the Bash Forum when the time is right.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
If you have not posted your contests rules you need to, not only the master copy in this forum but also in the general public so you can get feedback. We have about 1 week left and we need to get these ready.

Mr Vic

If you have not posted your contests rules you need to, not only the master copy in this forum but also in the general public so you can get feedback. We have about 1 week left and we need to get these ready.

Which forum Mike? Casual Conversation?

Top Bottom