2015 First Call for Bash prizes - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > IAP Management Team > Vendor Liaison
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Vendor Liaison Andrew Jordan is the IAP Vendor Liaison

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2014, 03:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 6

Default 2015 First Call for Bash prizes

I am sending out the first round of PMs over the next couple of days.
If you are a vendor and do not hear from me by Wednesday, and you want to help, please PM me.

Thanks

FYI, below is the text of the letter going out.

Dear XXXXXX,

I am the vendor liaison for the International Association of Penturners - one of the largest groups of penturners on the internet. We have a forum at penturners.org that has been online for eleven years.

We're getting ready to celebrate another Birthday Bash, in commemoration of our site going public. To celebrate, in February we hold a month-long gala full of prizes, events, and contests. As the vendor liaison, my job is to find prizes for these contests.

I was wondering if you would consider donating a prize to the Birthday Bash this year. We require a number of prizes, which will be awarded to the winning members of the contests and activites in February.

If you would like to donate, please send me a PM with the details and approximate value, and the prize delivery team will then contact you in February. If you choose not to donate, please take part in the festivities anyway - it's a very fun month!

Some additional things to consider - As we are international forum, you may be asked to ship your prize internationally; if this is a problem, we can make arrangements to have you send your prize to Jeff, our site Founder, who would then ship the prizes overseas.

Some vendors who donate large lots of prizes or do not want to be bothered with shipping to winners can also send them directly to Jeff.

As well, we ask that the prizes be of at least $25 value to give every contest a fair set of prizes.

Although not necessary, some vendors also give discounts during the Bash - I will have a special "Bash discounts' forum created where these discounts are posted. We also list all sponsoring members and vendors on the front page for the duration of the Bash, in thanks for your contribution.

I hope you will consider supporting our membership by offering a prize or two that we could give, with our sincere thanks, to our membership in February.

Thank you for your time - please contact me if you have any questions, or to pledge a donation.

Sincerely,

Bob "Magicbob" Marquis
2015 Birthday Bash Vendor Liaison

M
idwest Penturners Gathering 2018
Date: May 18-20
Comfort Inn & Suites 5 Park Center Drive
Wadsworth, Ohio, OH 44281
Go here: Facebook Page to read about past MPGs

Magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 12-15-2014, 06:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 6

First response.........Johnathan Brooks

I will be posting a spread sheet as this moves forward

M
idwest Penturners Gathering 2018
Date: May 18-20
Comfort Inn & Suites 5 Park Center Drive
Wadsworth, Ohio, OH 44281
Go here: Facebook Page to read about past MPGs

Magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 12-15-2014, 11:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Local Chapter Manager

Photos: 27

Thank you for assuming some of the responsibility for prizes this year, Bob!!

Have you and the "powers" decided whether we will continue to have contest sponsorships? Obviously, Exotics will continue to support the bash. IF sponsorships will be available, we will use that venue....if not, we will find a suitable alternative.

Again, thanks for your efforts for the IAP!!!
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2014, 04:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Assistant Moderator
Vendor Liaison

Photos: 0

Bob has stepped up to take the weight off my shoulders, as this is a very hectic year for me (I have a new time-intensive assignment, and I'm taking honours university courses at the same time).

We are going to run the bash as 'traditional' this year, with prize donations, but no sale of sponsorships. I'm sure that the vendors will continue to support this site, as they have done every year since I've been involved, with donations and/or discounts!

Thanks again, Bob, for the help - and thank you to all the vendors and donors in advance!

"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
maxwell_smart007 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads