Wood Auction

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stealth555

One of my employees, Adam, took a bad fall off a ladder at his home. He broke his arm in three places and had to have surgery. Unfortunately, he did not have health insurance. Also, because he was a part-timer at the time, he did not have vacation or sick time to cover the two weeks of work he missed.

I decided I want to help him, so I came up with the idea of a wood auction. On the afternoon of May 7th, we will be holding a wood auction to benefit Adam. We are asking folks to bring in wood to donate for the auction. Starting at 2:00 pm that afternoon, we will begin auctioning off the wood. All of the money will then go to Adam to help with his bills.

if you come into the store, please do not say anything to Adam about this helping him. We are trying to surprise him.

Hope to see you all there.

regards,
Steve

stealth555

Update to the auction. We have added a Silent Auction portion to this. It will start This morning and go until 5 pm on Saturday. This is the part of the auction that the pen blanks are in. I have seen some beautiful Spalted maple blanks and such in it. Well worth the trip.

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
Sounds Great Steve!

I'm trying to make it down there tomorrow...I have a couple of slabs of black walnut burl to add to the auction for you.

stealth555

The auction went well. We raised just shy of $2500 to Help Adam out. He was completely blown away.

You all missed out on some really nice pens blanks that ended up in the silent auction. One person brought is some amazing Spalted Maple and we had a set of five Hawaiian blanks. Overall there was about 10 pen blank sets (at least 5 blanks in a set) in the silent auction.

Top Bottom