Houston area meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Well...I suppose I could bring my bolt action pen that I need disassembled. I can not disassemble it for the life of me. When I try to knock the back end off, I end up knocking the clip/bullet rim coupler out. And when trying to knock the bullet end out, I end up removing that coupler as well.

Bring it along - we can sure take a look at it.

What finish is it? I'll bring a kit along in case we mess up a part.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Davidh14

It's a gun metal, but I have plenty of more kits I can replace it with. In fact, I've already broke the lever for the bolt action.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I have prepped a couple of blanks for mini-birdhouse ornaments & will bring them along to the meeting tomorrow to demo the process if anyone is interested. These make great Christmas decorations & gifts.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Houston Meeting last Sat

Thanks to all who came over to the SW Houston Woodcraft for our meeting this past Saturday. It was a small group of 5, but we had a great time sharing stories, techniques and ideas. I learned a lot and I really enjoyed meeting everyone and getting to put faces to the names.

I especially enjoyed seeing all the nice metal pens that Danny Clarke made on his metal lathe. He inspired me to take some time to play with the metal lathe we have in our assembly shop here at work. I walk by it many times each week, but just haven't gotten around to trying it out for myself.

The timing was perfect for the beginning of Woodcraft's September sale. I picked up one of their Nova G3 chuck specials while I was there. I might have to get one or two more before the sale ends.

Lest anyone accuse me of "no pix didn't happen", I did manage to get everyone lined up for a group photo.

Attachments

• GroupShot.jpg
    GroupShot.jpg
    682.2 KB · Views: 208
Top Bottom