Hello Houston, Anyone out there?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kd5nay

Hi all, I am new to turning in general (about 4 months) and just started turning pens about a month ago. I noticed that this forum 'chapter' has been kinda slow lately. Are there any clubs out there that you guys (or gals) would recommend for a newbie? I would really love to get some "over-the-shoulder" time with some experienced turners. I'm in Rosenberg just southwest of Houston. Thanks!!

Andy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

The Penguin

Kd5nay said:
Hi all, I am new to turning in general (about 4 months) and just started turning pens about a month ago. I noticed that this forum 'chapter' has been kinda slow lately. Are there any clubs out there that you guys (or gals) would recommend for a newbie? I would really love to get some "over-the-shoulder" time with some experienced turners. I'm in Rosenberg just southwest of Houston. Thanks!!

Andy

Gulf Coast Woodturners Association. Meetings are 3rd Saturdays of the month in west Houston near Westheimer and Wilcrest.

Guests are always welcome, get there early to get a good seat (bring your own chair). Coffee, sodas and donuts are free.

Demo this month (July 21) will be basic segmenting by Andy Chen.

Bring something for show and tell if you wish.

I won't be at this meeting, but will be there in August.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Keep an eye open here for the next meeting of the Houston chapter. It will probably be the last part of August or more likely in September.

jpinkham

Meeting

I have been turning for about a year now. I think I have the basics down fairly well but I know I can pick up some great pointers from the more experienced turners. Definitely interested in trying to attend the next Greater Houston meeting.

Top Bottom