Wow...that was quick!!! - Page 2 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Product Testing & Review > Vendors
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Retired Head Moderator

Photos: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texatdurango View Post
The sad part is that they don't do it directly (which would be against forum rules), they have others do their advertising for them.
If you have any kind of proof that vendors are having others do their advertising for them, I need to know about it since that is shill marketing and strictly prohibited by the TOS and AUP.

The original, affordable home stabilizing solution!
Now available exclusively from TurnTex...Alumilite Clear and White in 1 gallon kits (1/2 Gal A&B)
www.TurnTex.com
MesquiteMan is offline   Top
Old 04-09-2011, 01:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

Photos: 227

This wasn't supposed to turn into a fight. I just figured I'd be entitled to my opinion just like evryone else is!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySambrook View Post
After seeing all the barbs, etc, you have tossed in the past year or so, I have a hard time believing the your defense.

Jerry, I'm not sure what you're seeing as barbsbut if it's because I don't idolise any vendors and don't particularly like undue praise, then I'm sorry but that is my right. I have never picked out any vendor, but if you believe I have, and one springs to your mind, then perhaps what I said is actually true?.

And as for exceptional service as you call it, have YOU ever been in the business of shipping things out? I think what you want is preferential treatment.

No, I've never been in that business and unless I could excel in the shipping business, then I wouldn't even try. I don't see your point here.
Preferential treatment?? Hardly!!! All I want is the person that IS in the shipping business to ship the stuff as quickly as they take my money. I don't think that's too much to ask. What I don't want is to have to send reminders to a vendor to ship the stuff they said was in stock.

As for Timberbits and Gary Pye, they do both have great service, and that I will not knock.

I don't know who Gary is and this is the first time I've used Timberbits.

Just funny that you have to throw barbs in at other people when praising someone else.
Jerry, ALL praise is always a comparison. When someone says a vendor went above and beyond, it means that the service or product etc was better than they get elsewhere. I have NEVER contradicted anyone else’s praise so why is mine being questioned?.

Maybe, just maybe, you should try walking in other peoples shoes first before calling them on something.

Jerry, not only do I not have a clue what you mean by this particular comment, it does raise a common problem here on IAP.
Why is it ok for some people to criticise, but not for others?
Why is it ok to praise or criticise some vendors but not others?
It is starting to get to the stage where once a vendor becomes popular, they become 'untouchable' and God help anyone that says anything bad about them. You know this is true.

I can assure you that I wouldn’t pick on an individual vendor. I dislike ALL mass unearned adverts from or about any vendor, equally. If, because of my chosen words like ‘No freebies, no delay and no BS’ a particular vendor came to your mind then it is you that is biased and not me.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Vendor Liaison

Photos: 0

Why on earth do we have to continue to argue about this sort of crap...

Jerry, I don't see any reason for your comments. If Skiprat wants to praise a vendor for speed, then he's welcome to do so.

I'm really starting to hate this constant vendor-related bickering.

Andrew

"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
maxwell_smart007 is offline   Top
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #14 (permalink)

Photos: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter-27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiprat View Post
I normally hate any threads that advertise for vendors just because that's where they got the stuff from or because they felt obliged to mention that they got a couple of so called freebies. What they probably didn't mention was that they only got the freebies cos they took so long to deliver....whatever.

I don't want junk, I want speed!!
I ordered a bunch of stuff from Timberbits on the 5th and the stuff was waiting for me today, the 8th !!!! Australia to UK in three days!!!

No freebies, no delays, no BS, just damned quick!!

I have just found my new one stop shop!!

Thanks Timberbits!!
No debate required but I am curious. How does this (your) thread differ from the threads you hate so much? Seems you did the same thing here that you previously directed your displeasure toward. I'm just saying.........

I probably deserve some admonishment as well for this. I was making a friendly jab at Skip with my comment. I should have known it would go in another direction. Sorry guys.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #15 (permalink)

Photos: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell_smart007 View Post

Jerry, I don't see any reason for your comments. If Skiprat wants to praise a vendor for speed, then he's welcome to do so.

Andrew
I agree 100%. Why the heck are ya'll in such big hurry to get your junk?
Old 04-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #16 (permalink)

Photos: 7

Andrew,
Ditto on that.

Skip, I agree with you about Timberbits. I've ordered twice from the guy in the last month or so, and both orders were shipped out quick and the communication was excellent. I also order from several other vendors and also from several IAP individual members and vendors. I like you, feel I have a right if I'm going to spend my hard-earned cash to either praise the vendor/member that takes care of his customer in order to keep his doors open, or to criticize the ones who don't take care of their business and wind up moaning and complaining because they don't have orders rolling in.
I believe that's called a lesson in Retail 101.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell_smart007 View Post

Andrew

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.."
PennedDown is offline   Top
Old 04-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #17 (permalink)

IF he had left his original post as to praising Timberbits, it would have all been fine.
But he is often throwing little barbs at a certain vendor or two on this site.

You can all say I do not see where this came from, but maybe you should just look at quite a few of his posts over the past year or so.

And as he says, he is stating his opinion here, well, I am just doing the same as I see it as well.

And in the same thread, Stephen wants to belittle people who do appreciate the freebies, discounts, etc. So, I am just stating my points back as well.

Last edited by JerrySambrook; 04-09-2011 at 10:24 PM.
JerrySambrook is offline   Top
Old 04-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #18 (permalink)
Vendor Liaison

I don't see any personal attack, Jerry. All I see is Skiprat stating his preference for quick delivery over freebies. Quite a few vendors offer freebies with orders, not just any one business.

It's certainly not worth getting one's hackles up over. One person stating that they prefer speedy customer service to discounts and freebies is not going to bring down anyone's business, and shouldn't cause a public fight.

Heck, I'm quite sure there was recently a poll asking how important priority shipping is to customers. This thread can be interpreted as Skiprat's answer to that poll question, I suppose!

Life's too short - let's move on, shall we?

"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
maxwell_smart007 is offline   Top
Old 04-10-2011, 11:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
Product Reviews Manager

Photos: 49

Yes, let's move on to some more important things in life. This arguing is over and I will be back tomorrow to review this thread. Stop the crap and stay on topic. I'm getting fed up with the arguments, stop sweating the small stuff.

Last edited by wolftat; 04-10-2011 at 11:46 AM.
wolftat is offline   Top
Old 04-12-2011, 12:49 AM   #20 (permalink)

Photos: 3

tsunami in a tea cup if you ask me!!

good thing nobody asked me
Logged on members can hide ads
Closed Thread