Wow...that was quick!!! - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Product Testing & Review > Vendors
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 227

Default Wow...that was quick!!!

I normally hate any threads that advertise for vendors just because that's where they got the stuff from or because they felt obliged to mention that they got a couple of so called freebies. What they probably didn't mention was that they only got the freebies cos they took so long to deliver....whatever.

I don't want junk, I want speed!!
I ordered a bunch of stuff from Timberbits on the 5th and the stuff was waiting for me today, the 8th !!!! Australia to UK in three days!!!

No freebies, no delays, no BS, just damned quick!!

I have just found my new one stop shop!!

Thanks Timberbits!!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 0

I just did 2 separate orders with them and got them quicker than half the stuff I order within the US. No freebies just unbeliveable service.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiprat View Post
I normally hate any threads that advertise for vendors just because that's where they got the stuff from or because they felt obliged to mention that they got a couple of so called freebies. What they probably didn't mention was that they only got the freebies cos they took so long to deliver....whatever.

I ordered a bunch of stuff from Timberbits on the 5th and the stuff was waiting for me today, the 8th !!!! Australia to UK in three days!!!

Thanks Timberbits!!
Funny you should mention the way so many members advertise and plug for the vendors. I've noticed this trend for some time now and it sorta reminds me of one receiving an award at the oscars, emmy awards or golden globe awards......... "I'd like to thank all the wonderful members who's support and encouragement made this pen possible and special thanks to Joe A who provided me with the tools to make this pen and Joe B who sold me the kit and and of course all of this would not have come to fruition had it not been for Joe C who graciously agreed to sell me the utterly fantastic blank which made it the pen it is. God bless America and all our wonderful vendors"

Texatdurango is offline   Top
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 4

Quote:

Thanks Timberbits!!
No debate required but I am curious. How does this (your) thread differ from the threads you hate so much? Seems you did the same thing here that you previously directed your displeasure toward. I'm just saying.........
Old 04-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Photos: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter-27 View Post
Quote:

Thanks Timberbits!!
No debate required but I am curious. How does this (your) thread differ from the threads you hate so much? Seems you did the same thing here that you previously directed your displeasure toward. I'm just saying.........
Thats the point I think the rats trying to make - he's finally coming around lol

I actually look for four things from a vendor:
The product I want
at a competitive price
packaged properly
at a reasonable shipping rate.

Speed is determined by the postal system not by the vendor (as long as he gets it out the door as soon as he can)

Nothing takes less than three weeks to get to me unless its internal in which case its overnight. Longest has been 14 weeks
Old 04-08-2011, 11:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Photos: 190

I agree Steve! Timberbit's is good and Gary Pye is the same, i can order one day and get it the next day that's Interstate for me, but 3 days international is awesome.

SUCH IS LIFE. Down Under.
johncrane is offline   Top
Old 04-09-2011, 03:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

Photos: 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter-27 View Post

I think you already know the answer for that, but since you asked, I'll answer....

My thread was for EXCEPTIONAL service, not just normal service.
Normal service needs nothing more than the money I paid for their product. The vendor should be thanking me for spending my money with him, not me thanking the vendor or even mentioning him when I post something in SOYP.

I've had dozens and dozens of parcels sent to me from all over the world. When each of them arrive, I check the date stamp on them. If the vendor only posted them a week or so after I ordered, then they won't be getting any praise from me,
Having the SAME date on the parcel as when I ordered is impressive!!
Old 04-09-2011, 08:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Hey Stephen,
After seeing all the barbs, etc, you have tossed in the past year or so, I have a hard time believing the your defense.

And as for exceptional service as you call it, have YOU ever been in the business of shipping things out? I think what you want is preferential treatment.

As for Timberbits and Gary Pye, they do both have great service, and that I will not knock.

Just funny that you have to throw barbs in at other people when praising someone else.

Maybe, just maybe, you should try walking in other peoples shoes first before calling them on something.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:03 AM   #9 (permalink)

Photos: 40

Quote:

Having the SAME date on the parcel as when I ordered is impressive!!:
Agreed. It's nice to hear that some people still take pride in doing the best they can.

Mark
Mark is offline   Top
Old 04-09-2011, 09:31 AM   #10 (permalink)

Photos: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySambrook View Post
Hey Stephen,
After seeing all the barbs, etc, you have tossed in the past year or so, I have a hard time believing the your defense.

And as for exceptional service as you call it, have YOU ever been in the business of shipping things out? I think what you want is preferential treatment.

As for Timberbits and Gary Pye, they do both have great service, and that I will not knock.

Just funny that you have to throw barbs in at other people when praising someone else.

Maybe, just maybe, you should try walking in other peoples shoes first before calling them on something.
Are we reading the same post?

I see Skip mentioning his dislike for those who feel the need to advertise for vendors when posting a pen in the SOYP forum and praising a vendor for what appears to be some REALLY fast service which is truly exceptional. What I don't see are the barbs you mention and just whose shoes is he supposed to walk in?

Whether you agree or not, the SOYP forum is being used more and more as a means for vendors to showcase a new blank, new kits they have, tools they carry, etc. The sad part is that they don't do it directly (which would be against forum rules), they have others do their advertising for them.

Last edited by Texatdurango; 04-09-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Texatdurango is offline   Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads
Closed Thread