What is Indy Pen Dance??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JerrySambrook

So, would you mind telling us how some of us got on the IPD emailling list, when some of us did not have business with MLK?

I have a suspicion as to where, but as the saying goes:

"Inquiring minds want to know"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

Aside from direct purchases through the old MLK web site we contacted people who participated in the many group buys that we coordinated, direct purchases on here, winners of birthday bash prizes that we sponsored as well as emails from members that were kind enough to include us in casual conversation subjects that were not appropriate for IAP, or some of you may have been included as carbon copies of emails that we received from IAP members.
We do realize there were some folks that were missed and we do apologize. Late night typing of email addresses into our mailing program resulted in sever typos that created bounces of the announcement. We also made sure that it would be easy for anyone who did not wish to receive further emails to unsubscribe with a click of the link at the bottom of the email.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
The IAP does not condone using email addresses collected while doing the business of the IAP to send Unsolicited Commercial Email.

• Coordinating a group buy does not entitle the use of email addresses collected during that group buy to later send UCE.
  • Email addresses provided to a vendor to aid in the delivery of prizes does not imply consent to use those addresses to deliver UCE.
  • One member providing another with email addresses collected in these ways is the same crime.
  • The IAP has NEVER provided email address from our member database to anyone, for any purpose, and we never will.
  • We obviously need new rules regarding the use of member email addresses for people coordinating group buys and for vendors providing prizes.
Reference the Terms of Service:
You may not harvest or collect personal information about other members, whether or not for commercial purposes without their express consent.

I interpret that to mean that using email addresses collected while doing the business of the IAP (such as coordinating group buys and delivering prizes) is a violation of the TOS.

For anyone disturbed by this, please send me a PM letting me know your specific concerns. Thanks!

IPD_Mrs

Mike and I have been talking about this situation and we just wanted to take a minute and apologize to those of you that were upset by our recent email. To those of you who had done business with us in the past, I believe you know that we have always done our best to provide quality products at the lowest possible prices with excellent customer service – in our excitement to share our new website and extend those quality offers and services to our IAP friends we did not foresee or consider that folks would find this intrusive or have their feelings hurt in any way. We have always tried to treat everyone here as we would hope you all would treat us and as we would want to be treated. In retrospect while we would not mind if any of you sent us such an email, it is clear that some of you do not feel the same way and we both feel badly that we have upset people that we consider friends. That was certainly not our intent and we NEVER would want anyone to feel spammed by us in ANY way. I'm sure most of you notice that we don't promote our products in every other post we make – we also don't send out a plethora of emails; in fact this is the first time we have done a large mailing since being a member of IAP. That being said, we're sorry that this was done in a way that upset some of you in such an extensive manner. If you prefer not to receive any future emails we will remove you from our email list as we previously stated (simply click the link at the bottom of the email you received or send us a PM and we will remove you from our email list. We hope that you will all just keep in mind and take into consideration that this was a bit of over eagerness on our part to share our good news with fellow pen turners and we thought trying to help a few friends out at the same time.
We recognize that not everyone was upset by our email, so we also want to thank those of you who have taken the time to visit our new site and have already registered or as the case may be registered again. The response and support you all have shown has been overwhelming and we appreciate each of you very much!!

Top Bottom