Thank you Exoticblanks, Ed and Dawn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

Just received my first order from Exotic blanks. Fast shipping, a really nice product, and lots of freebies! :tongue:

Thank you Ed and Dawn, not only good people, but good stuff!!!!!!:bananen_smilies051:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
It's always nice to receive compliments, but especially this week.

April 15 means about 60 pages of "tax forms" for Dawn and I. So we get a little testy for a few days. This too shall pass!! Thanks to all for your "pick me ups"!!!!

RAdams

Banned
+1 on Exotics! Even if my wife gets mad at me for spending all my money, It's worth it!

DennisM

Yes they are great, just dont go in person! Its to much to handle! Ed hands you a bucket and precedes to talk to you about pens and blanks and turning and etc. etc etc and then you have a bucket load of blanks you love and 2 bills later on your way home and saying to yourself, what the heck happend? I just stopped in to get a kit!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
It's a long story, but apparently "person X"was very kind and sent Dawn some Alumilite at no charge. His parcel is unopened in the hall here.
She has not had time to experiment and thought she knew what it was.

She just told me she has an email that there is an order, and a check in the box. So, yes, it has been sitting here nearly three weeks. Dawn is writing an email now, as we realize it has not been handled.

I should mention that Dawn and I are not, and do not pretend to be perfect. From time to time, we mess up. And, Dawn gets over 50 emails a day, I have about 20--SOMETIMES we think we have replied when we have not.

"Exotics" is based on "free" software and a great "geek" helping us. (Thanks Alphageek!!) It tracks our inventory and makes certain we sell the products only until we run out. HOWEVER, the phone-in and other types of orders are then completely uncontrolled. SO, if you phone or write or email an order, EVEN IF EXOTICS SHOWS IT IN STOCK, and someone else goes to the website and buys that product, THEY will get it!! We try to accommodate those who don't like using the web, but "Exotics" sells "one of a kind" products. So, in some cases we can't please all the people.

This is not EXACTLY what happened with "person X", and he was VERY KIND to send us a parcel. We WILL make it right (at least try), but he does have a point.

When the product he wanted arrives, we WILL get it to him.

Email is WONDERFUL, until it buries you, rendering you completely motionless in the real world. Sometimes that happens to Dawn.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

And there is no EASY way to change Exotics inventory to reflect products sold by phone or email--so these methods are a problem. Someday, we will figure out how to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:

JerrySambrook

Yes they are great, just dont go in person! Its to much to handle! Ed hands you a bucket and precedes to talk to you about pens and blanks and turning and etc. etc etc and then you have a bucket load of blanks you love and 2 bills later on your way home and saying to yourself, what the heck happend? I just stopped in to get a kit!

Yeah, but Dennis, at leat you are close enought to do that. (I would have put in an envy emoticon, but did not see it)

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader

Been there:eek:

DennisM

And there is no EASY way to change Exotics inventory to reflect products sold by phone or email--so these methods are a problem. Someday, we will figure out how to fix it.

ED sometime in the near future, me, you and alphageek need to sit down, there are several methods that are open source and a couple I have wrote that might help you with this issue.

Will have to all get together sometime in may have some coffee..

alphageek

Former Moderator
ED sometime in the near future, me, you and alphageek need to sit down, there are several methods that are open source and a couple I have wrote that might help you with this issue.

Will have to all get together sometime in may have some coffee..

Woah... I poke into IAP for the first time in AGES.. and look at the thread I popped in on... I'm not in the area often, but feel free to ping me Dennis... I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Chuck Key

Go into Admin.
Select - List Products and choose the product to change.
Select - Product Status and change the In Stock amount.
Select - Update

DennisM

Go into Admin.
Select - List Products and choose the product to change.
Select - Product Status and change the In Stock amount.
Select - Update

That is a great method when you only have one or two to process at a time, but when you get 10 or so email orders, 10 or so in the mail and a few on the phone in a day, that process now becomes a pain in the arse.

I was thinking of a custom order processing intranet for them that uses the inventory DB from the site, would allow for damn near real time inventory control.

Chuck Key

A manual entry will still be need for email, mail and telephone orders. I got the impression that this was an exception and most orders were placed through online ecommerce ordering. If people would just order less that would help with the problem:redface:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
A manual entry will still be need for email, mail and telephone orders. I got the impression that this was an exception and most orders were placed through online ecommerce ordering. If people would just order less that would help with the problem:redface:

That would, indeed be A solution, however not THE solution we are seeking.

Dennis' analysis is close, we may only get one or two orders, but they can be 15-20 line items--PIA is correct.

Top Bottom