Same service... - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members
 
Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Product Testing & Review > Vendors
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 03:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Photos: 0

Default Same service...

...as usual.







I have an order for a Majestic.

I called PSI last Friday and the package arrived this morning.
This is the same service I always receive from PSI. Why are so many people critical of their service?
I've never had a bad experience using them.
DozerMite is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
omb76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cartersville, GA
Posts: 712
Photos: 3

Default

I always get great service from PSI. I think the problem some have is when placing an order online it takes a little longer to ship. They don't realize that if you need something quickly that you need to call in your order. I did that this past Friday and had my package on Tuesday morning. The service I get is always great and the people are very nice and helpful.
__________________
David
Cartersville, GA
omb76 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-23-2011, 04:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
 
ctubbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murray, Kentucky
Posts: 3,599
Photos: 2

Default

I have very similar results. Use the phone, great results, on line, maybe not as quick, email, for get it. YMMV but that is how it works for me.
Charles
__________________
Experts hit what they aim at......I aim at what I hit
Respect - Never given, must be earned
Smile, it makes people wonder what you have been up to or what you are on. Keep then guessing and you keep smiling.
ctubbs is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2011, 05:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
bobjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Elyria, Ohio, USA. 44035
Posts: 4,255
Photos: 0

Default

I have never had a problem with PSI. I order from them all the time.
__________________
bob Jackson
Elyria, Ohio
bobjacksonoriginals.com
bobjackson is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Belton, TX 76513
Posts: 2,087
Photos: 0

Default

I recently placed an order and was told it would ship the next day. It actually shipped nearly a week later and was then caught in transportation delays due to the bad weather.

The order has had 2 follow-up shipments because of back-ordered items. These were sent out with free shipping because of the back-order status.

I'm beginning to think they may be holding up orders to allow the remaining items to arrive to keep from having free shipping for back-orders.
__________________
Rick Beckham
Belton, TX
beck3906 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-23-2011, 08:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
greggas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Easton, MA
Posts: 1,108
Photos: 0

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DozerMite View Post
...as usual.







I have an order for a Majestic.

I called PSI last Friday and the package arrived this morning.
This is the same service I always receive from PSI. Why are so many people critical of their service?
I've never had a bad experience using them.

I agree. I place a dozen or so orders every year with PSI and have never had a problem
__________________
Greg
StrangeWood
greggas is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-23-2011, 09:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
 
Rick_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bothwell, Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 1,976
Photos: 30

Default

When I order from PSI I figure on a 3-4 week delivery. Never failed yet always between 3 and 4 weeks. Canada customs wouldn't have anything to do with that would they?
__________________
Rick
I support
The Pens for Canadian Peackeepers Project
http://www.undergroundwoodworking.ca
Rick_G is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Show Low, Arizona
Posts: 4,653
Photos: 45

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DozerMite View Post
... Why are so many people critical of their service?
Probably because their service is so sporadic! Until now I have never had a reason to complain so I am not one of the usual "bash PSI" folks. BUT that has changed......Here are the details of a recent (current) order, you decide if you would be a little upset or still think they are a super outfit to do business with!

I recently ordered some shop vac hoses and fittings and here are the details:

Placed order over the phone on the morning of Feb 10

Didn't hear anything from them for a few days, no email order verification, no tracking number, nothing, so I called on the 15th and they assured me the order would ship out the next day, the 16th with an estimated delivery of the 21st.

Here we are, the morning of the 24th and no packages in sight. so I call again and spoke with a woman who acted like she didn't have a clue as to why the package was delayed... or even cared, but she did give me a UPS tracking number and insisted that it had been shipped.

Checking the UPS website, I find that the package wasn't shipped until the 22nd and delivery isn't expected until Feb 28 - March 3!

I think THIS is the sort of crap people complain about...... wouldn't YOU?
__________________
No longer a participating forum member

Texatdurango is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
 
omb76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cartersville, GA
Posts: 712
Photos: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texatdurango View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DozerMite View Post
... Why are so many people critical of their service?
Probably because their service is so sporadic! Until now I have never had a reason to complain so I am not one of the usual "bash PSI" folks. BUT that has changed......Here are the details of a recent (current) order, you decide if you would be a little upset or still think they are a super outfit to do business with!

I recently ordered some shop vac hoses and fittings and here are the details:

Placed order over the phone on the morning of Feb 10

Didn't hear anything from them for a few days, no email order verification, no tracking number, nothing, so I called on the 15th and they assured me the order would ship out the next day, the 16th with an estimated delivery of the 21st.

Here we are, the morning of the 24th and no packages in sight. so I call again and spoke with a woman who acted like she didn't have a clue as to why the package was delayed... or even cared, but she did give me a UPS tracking number and insisted that it had been shipped.

Checking the UPS website, I find that the package wasn't shipped until the 22nd and delivery isn't expected until Feb 28 - March 3!

I think THIS is the sort of crap people complain about...... wouldn't YOU?
Deep breath...go to your happy place! I think every vendor will have a screw up every now and then. It just happens, and it does suck when it happens to you. I'm currently caught in a jam right now because I got a rush order for $300 worth of pens and I have to deliver them tomorrow, but an order I placed last Friday won't be here until tomorrow which of course contains the blanks that I need. This vendor has always been awesome to work with, but this time I got caught short. It happens. I will continue to buy from them because they didn't intentionally set out to make things difficult for me. BTW one of the 3 orders I placed for this sale was from PSI and it was the first one that I got. We shouldn't bash a vendor the first time we have a bad experience if all the previous ones have been good.
__________________
David
Cartersville, GA
omb76 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Show Low, Arizona
Posts: 4,653
Photos: 45

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omb76 View Post
..... We shouldn't bash a vendor the first time we have a bad experience if all the previous ones have been good.
Actually I wasn't bashing them, not that I need to be told what to do, I was simply sharing an example in answering dozermite's question, which was.... "Why are so many people critical of their service?"

But now that you brought it up, based on the numerous threads that keep popping up about this same company, I'm not the only unhappy camper and all is not peaches and cream in Mayberry as some would indicate!

And lastly, who said this was my first bad experience? Some were good, some were not so good but tolerable. I just look at it as my worst so far!
__________________
No longer a participating forum member

Texatdurango is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

Content Copyright © 2003-2019 by Penturners.org, LLC; All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Service   Acceptable Use Policy