Rick Herrell Tool Rests

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bree

Recently I ordered some tool rests from Rick Herrell... an IAP member and vendor. I wanted two posts... one for my Powermatic 3520B and one for my Delta 46-460. I wanted the threading to match so I could use all the rests on either of the lathes. I also wanted the threading to match Best Woods Modular Bars so I could order curved rests for bowl turning since Rick does not offer curved rests.

I ordered a 4", 6", 9", 12" and an offset 3"/6" bar. I also threw in an order for a sanding mill ($25) for finish sanding of completed pen blanks. The entire order was $130 delivered. That was an absolute steal of a deal.

Rick went to work milling the posts and rests and they were shipped within 5 days. The posts and rests came in and they are beautiful smooth polished tool steel with superior milling of the threads. Everything represented first class American craftsmanship.

I was so pleased that I took the rests to the Western New York Woodturners Club #2 meeting Thursday and did show and tell on Rick's beauties as well as performing a demo of how to turn Inlace Acrylester pens using the 4" rest. The turners were delighted with the rests/posts and several wanted to know where they could get them. I will be posting the purchase info for them next week.

Great job Rick and thank you for keeping good old fashioned American excellence in craftsmanship alive and kicking.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Bree

nava1uni

Rick's work is really nice. I turn some very tiny pieces and he custom made me a post and a 2" and 3" tool rest for turning my miniatures. His work exceeds anything that I have bought from a large manufacturer. I will order more for another project. The Pen mill also is great to use.

turnerjohn3

Cheers also to Rick Herrell

Cheers to Rick Herrell for his quick service and quality products. I ordered a 3.25" tool rest and post and the sanding mill on November 15th and received them today Monday the 18th. Great job Rick and thank you for great service.
John

Top Bottom