PSI Rant - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Product Testing & Review > Vendors
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2010, 02:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 105

Default PSI Rant

On the 12th (a Sunday) of this month I placed internet orders with Bear Tooth Woods, CSUSA and Pen State Industries. On the 16th I received my order from Ernie @ Bear Tooth and on the 17th from CSUSA and as of today's mail the 21st 9 days later no merchandise from PSI and found in my spam mail today that is was (or just the label made) labeled to ship out on the 17th. Just reminded me why I order so little from them.

OKLAHOMAN is offline   Top
Old 12-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 222

Yes Roy, I suppose we sometimes do need a reminder. Sorry it had to be your turn.
Dalecamino is offline   Top
Old 12-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Maybe they have so much business they thought they would look a gift horse in the mouth!

Seriously, Ernie is tops and CSUSA can be hit or miss. Still not sure what I think about them using Fed Ex now instead of UPS.
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

You should get your PSI order from Ryan at Woodturningz, a lot faster. And most of the time cheaper too
arioux is offline   Top
Old 12-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Photos: 150

Roy, thats funny you should mention this, I was just checkin' on my tracking on my PSI order and it says the same thing, actually it says it should have delivered on the 17th. WTH, I just saw the postman put a package in the box(thought it was mine), must have been for someone else :-(

"My home is in Heaven. I'm just traveling through this world."
-Billy Graham
seamus7227 is offline   Top
Old 12-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Photos: 104

I think Ernie doesn't sleep. He has to be the fastest turn around person I ever ordered from. I can place my order on Sunday and Sunday night I am getting a message it is being shipped on Monday and it is usually here in 2 to 3 days. I just got an order from PSI and the trick here is to call it in which I do. Was here in 4 days p[lus I got a better discount than what was offered on their site?? I have nothing bad to say about them either. I bet you will find fault at one time or other wih most companies. But you need to learn their tendencies if you want to keep dealing with them. If not and want to move on then so be it. The other company that was mentioned that carries PSI stuff does not carry their full line so that may be a deterent to some like me.

My Photo Album
jttheclockman is offline   Top
Old 12-21-2010, 05:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

I ordered an item from psI two weeks ago and still have not received it. Carl
cdbakkum is offline   Top
Old 12-21-2010, 06:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Photos: 5

Roy, those delays are kind of normal for us, from overseas. From whoever we order we have to harass the Belgian postal service for the USPS is generally a Speedy Gonzalez one.
Well, I have to say that with all the stories I've read about PSI on this forum I never ordered from them. I bought my only Majestic kits from Rockler and Axminster in the UK...

I hope I comforted you somewhat. If not, at least I tried...
chrisk is offline   Top
Old 12-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Photos: 73

Roy I placed my order on the 14th and it came yesterday, by usps. I guess I got lucky.

http://www.facebook.com/MaxsPens
maxman400 is offline   Top
Old 12-21-2010, 07:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Photos: 28

The last time I ordered from PSI it actually came faster than I expected. However, that the first time in a very long time. I only, unfortunately, only order from them when I absolutely need to. There are so many other vendors (and those associated with IAP) that actually care to put in that extra effort for quality customer service. In my experience, PSI has been far from that. For example, I asked them two different questions using their online customer service messaging system over two years ago, and I am still waiting for a response. Well, not really, I just gave up on them....

Just my experience. Sorry for the rant. They just aren't known for quality customer service.
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads
Closed Thread