Pen State (PSI) Kudos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonOfMartin

I've read good and I've read bad about Pen State (PSI) so I thought I'd share my past 2 experiences with them.

I went online and placed an order for 2 Cigar kits and asked in the comments to please ship quickly as I had to make the pens for a benefit auction. Arrival time to my door was 4 days. Pretty darn good!

I received a Mandrel Saver for Christmas that I used to build these two kits - and sure enough it howled (bad bearings).

I placed a call to PSI - they shipped out a new one - arrived in 2 days!

I'm very pleased (as I always have) with their customer service. I hope you understand that I'm not trying to be contrary to other postings but my experience continues to be positive and I'll continue to spend my hobby dollars with them.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnnyw

PSI SHIPMENT

Best shipment from PSI EVER. I placed an order with them Friday morning and I got it TODAY. I have never got my order that fast. Maybe they have been listening to the Jeers.

DannyHeatley

Last year I placed an order to be shipped to our residence in the states. I ordered it a week early and by the time we arrived it wasn't there. Half way through my vacation I got worked because it was supposed to be six days shipping and still no package. I emailed the service email, and they forgot to ship it. They were very professional and apologetic and shipped it ups overnight and I still got the package in time! I had a great experience with them! All companies screw up but it's how they feel with it that really matters.

However; being Canadian I started to place a order last week and it was something ridiculous like 70 some dollars for shipping using ups. It's a lot for shipping then ups has a reputation for charging you brokerage fees. Last month I bought a phone, ups delivered I was charged $120 brokerage. So unfortunately it just isn't affordable to order through them.

toolcrazy

I think PSI has been reading all the negative comments on here. I've noticed the shipping selections have been modified and my last order arrived when I thought it should, not in 2 weeks like some of the other orders I have placed. My last order was shipped next day, instead of 3 or 4 days. They are getting better.

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
I've always had good experiences with PSI. I've received stuff in 3 days from them. Whatever I've ordered though has been in stock. Ed from Exotics has said "if it's out of stock it is PSIs, or anyone's, source that determines when you will get it".

Southwest

Mostly good experiences

I have made probably a dozen orders with PSI and have never had a shipping issue (always arrived within a week) and the kits have always been good to go (Cant make their bolt action pens fast enough to get out the door.) However, their blanks were horrible the one time I ordered a handful. Wood was boring and nothing like the pictures. Acrylics were boring as well and very brittle. I wont buy timber or acrylic from them ever again since I have had such different experiences with our IAP vendors like Arizona Silhouette (fingers crossed the quality doesnt suffer in the change of guard) and Exotic Blanks who have both surpassed my expectations with every purchase.

jyreene

PSI

I've had good experiences with them. The only issue is one of the bolt action pens has a problem. The bolt spins around but still clicks. I've contacted them by email because I don't have time during their working hours to call. I'm sure when the wife is able they will handle it quickly and correctly. Anyone else had trouble contacting them electronically?

Other than that minor issue I love them. I will continue to go to them for kits and blanks.

ossaguy

You can fix the bolt spinning problem by unscrewing the nib,and inserting a #1 Phillips screwdriver up through the barrel and after positioning the bolt just right,tighten the setscrew.

I leaned this doing the mod that moves the bolt over to the right side,like a normal rifle,as was posted by member Yurisic77 a couple of weeks ago.

Steve

Last edited:

jyreene

Perfect. Thanks Steve. I am a little bothered by the bolt being awkwardly placed but I just loosened the cap and rotated the clip for wearing in uniform. Now to see if I can figure out how to control those really fine motor skills to cut a new slot for it where it goes now!

plano_harry

Never had a problem with them. Ordered a 7 pen wood case which arrived damaged. I called customer support - they sent me a new one, didn't ask for the damaged one back or anything.

edstreet

So what you are doing is rating the SHIPPING COMPANY not PSI. 4 days is **** poor for some shipping methods, which we dont know from what you posted. To rank PSI you would have to list QUALITY of what you ordered, dealing with the company itself, *NOT* the shipping times.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I think PSI has been reading all the negative comments on here. I've noticed the shipping selections have been modified and my last order arrived when I thought it should, not in 2 weeks like some of the other orders I have placed. My last order was shipped next day, instead of 3 or 4 days. They are getting better.

Bear in mind that July and August are the SLOWEST time of the year for the "woodworking" suppliers. So, it is fairly easy to keep up to the orders. The "proof of the pudding" will come in the next couple months.

So what you are doing is rating the SHIPPING COMPANY not PSI. 4 days is **** poor for some shipping methods, which we dont know from what you posted. To rank PSI you would have to list QUALITY of what you ordered, dealing with the company itself, *NOT* the shipping times.

Not when it comes to PSI. One of their giggest recurring issues has been the time it takes to get the items out of their doors. Deliveries in 4 & 2 days is a huge improvement for them, seeing as it often took longer for them to ship out in the past.

ALexG

I bought my first lathe from a PSI reseller in Canada and I had a great experience, since then I always bought from them, never had any problems, lately I started buying from other vendors just because they offer things PSI don't carry, but in 4 years never had any issues with PSI and will still buy from them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom