Full Review KJP Select Hardwoods - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Product Testing & Review > Vendors
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Vendor Liaison

Photos: 0

Default KJP Select Hardwoods

I just placed an order with KJP hardwoods, and I wanted to post my experience. They're fairly new to the online merchandising world, but they're very professional and have excellent customer service.

They're based in Canada, which is a rarity in the penturning world - there are only a few online vendors of pen supplies and woods (incl. spindle blanks) that are based in Canada. While ordering from the states is easy, customs tends to slow things down sometimes - it was nice to order from a Canadian company and not have to deal with customs!

Shipping was cheap - for me at least. This might be because I'm used to ordering wood from the states, but for a large pile of wood, the shipping was less than I expected.

The wood is individually photographed, so you know exactly what you're buying and can pick out the piece you want. I picked out exotic shorts and spindles based on grain, as I'm planning to make Christmas ornaments out of them - it's nice to know what you're getting.

But, the number one reason for the positive review is because their customer service is excellent. I happened to have a gift certificate, and I had trouble making it work. I sent an email to the site, and Karen (the owner) called me directly first thing in the morning to figure it out for me and get my order shipped!

I wasn't expecting such prompt service, but they're a fairly small outfit, so they seem to understand that customer service is how to win customers!

I know that some people are leery about placing an order with an outfit they don't know, so I just wanted to let people know my experience ordering from them. Karen is a member of this forum too - I think her name is lacewood?

kjponline.com

"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
maxwell_smart007 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

I Must agree. Although I have only placed 1 order from them. (hopefully they get more high end kits one day.) My experince was the same. Fast shipping. Good price.
Chief Hill is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-30-2009, 07:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Thank You

Wow, thank you both for your kind comments!

Karen

KJP Select Hardwoods
https://www.kjponline.com
lacewood is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2009, 09:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 2

I have just received a order from them as well and Karen went out of her way to make sure I got exactly what I wanted.
Cheers
spike6930 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads