Full Review KJP Select Hardwoods

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I just placed an order with KJP hardwoods, and I wanted to post my experience. They're fairly new to the online merchandising world, but they're very professional and have excellent customer service.

They're based in Canada, which is a rarity in the penturning world - there are only a few online vendors of pen supplies and woods (incl. spindle blanks) that are based in Canada. While ordering from the states is easy, customs tends to slow things down sometimes - it was nice to order from a Canadian company and not have to deal with customs!

Shipping was cheap - for me at least. This might be because I'm used to ordering wood from the states, but for a large pile of wood, the shipping was less than I expected.

The wood is individually photographed, so you know exactly what you're buying and can pick out the piece you want. I picked out exotic shorts and spindles based on grain, as I'm planning to make Christmas ornaments out of them - it's nice to know what you're getting.

But, the number one reason for the positive review is because their customer service is excellent. I happened to have a gift certificate, and I had trouble making it work. I sent an email to the site, and Karen (the owner) called me directly first thing in the morning to figure it out for me and get my order shipped!

I wasn't expecting such prompt service, but they're a fairly small outfit, so they seem to understand that customer service is how to win customers! :)

I know that some people are leery about placing an order with an outfit they don't know, so I just wanted to let people know my experience ordering from them. Karen is a member of this forum too - I think her name is lacewood?

kjponline.com

Chief Hill

I Must agree. Although I have only placed 1 order from them. (hopefully they get more high end kits one day.) My experince was the same. Fast shipping. Good price.

spike6930

I have just received a order from them as well and Karen went out of her way to make sure I got exactly what I wanted.
Cheers:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom