Fast Delivery - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Product Testing & Review > Vendors
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 09:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Default Fast Delivery

I called PSI yesterday afternoon and ordered a 1/2 inch chuck #1MT for my mini lathe and I will get it in today's mail. Heck, even I can't beat that shipping time. I did ask the young woman who took the order if she would try to ship it ASAP.
Smitty37 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-08-2010, 09:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 11

Did the shipping cost as much as the chuck? j/k

Last edited by bking0217; 10-08-2010 at 09:45 AM.
bking0217 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default No

Quote:
Originally Posted by bking0217 View Post
Did the shipping cost as much as the chuck? j/k
No...it is their Standard Flat Rate shipping ($7.50 I think). Mailed USPS Priority mail. I am only about 100 miles from them though so the Post Office could process it pretty quickly. It left their facility after 5pm yesterday and arrived at my post office at 7am today.
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2010, 01:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 11

It's great to live close to a vendor, isn't it? I'm about 20 minutes from Woodcraft and Amazon Exotic Hardwoods so I rarely need things shipped. I know Woodcraft tends to be more expensive than other vendors but not having a shipping charge make a big difference.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Photos: 40

+1 on their shipping times. I ordered a dust collector bag. 3 days later, it was on my porch.. Not too shabby...

Mark
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Photos: 0

i am not as lucky with pennstate. my last order was just last month and it was five days before they shipped it and four more till it got here. i get stuff from smitty in about three days. the order was for two kits and a drill center, all were in stock, no back orders. i always figure it will take about two weeks to get stuff from pennstsate. it usually does not matter though.

“You always make one of two things when working with wood.. Artwork or Firewood. Either way it warms the soul”
Robert Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bking0217 View Post
It's great to live close to a vendor, isn't it? I'm about 20 minutes from Woodcraft and Amazon Exotic Hardwoods so I rarely need things shipped. I know Woodcraft tends to be more expensive than other vendors but not having a shipping charge make a big difference.
my daughter lives in oviedo. when i visit i always go to the orlando woodcraft.

“You always make one of two things when working with wood.. Artwork or Firewood. Either way it warms the soul”
Robert Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Photos: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyt44720 View Post
i am not as lucky with pennstate. my last order was just last month and it was five days before they shipped it and four more till it got here. i get stuff from smitty in about three days. the order was for two kits and a drill center, all were in stock, no back orders. i always figure it will take about two weeks to get stuff from pennstsate. it usually does not matter though.

Thats pretty much my experience with PSI. Placed an order via internet on 9/26. No back ordered items, small order, received 10/6. I just plan any order from them taking over a week. I'm not that far away, IL. Wish I had a vendor within driving distance.

Carl
Old 10-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Default Two things

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeler fan1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyt44720 View Post

Thats pretty much my experience with PSI. Placed an order via internet on 9/26. No back ordered items, small order, received 10/6. I just plan any order from them taking over a week. I'm not that far away, IL. Wish I had a vendor within driving distance.

Carl
Well I did call the order in and I did ask for quick shipping and I was very pleasant to the young (younger than me anyway) woman who took the order. She stamped it RUSH.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

I pretty much count on 9-10 days for PSI. Between their lag in shipping and the ineptitude of my local UPS driver I just have come to expect it. There are a few vendors in my region that usually ship USPS and I can get their orders in as little as 2 days, but PSI is always a different story.

"$(insert price here) for a pen? I've lost every pen I ever owned."
"But you've never owned a $(insert price here) pen. You tend to hang on to those."
jbthbt is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads