Exotic Blanks-1st Timer - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Product Testing & Review > Vendors
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default Exotic Blanks-1st Timer

I know, some people get tired of hearing compliments about Exotic Blanks. However, when people run a business the way that Dawn and Ed do, thats to be expected. I placed an order last week for one pen blank, one pen kit, one set of bushings, one package of ink refills, and one Heritance nib. Not a high dollar order for sure. I sent Ed an e-mail asking some advice for the particular blank I ordered and received an answer in about 10 minutes. That same day, I recieved an e-mail letting me know that my order had shipped. When I recieved the package (just a couple of days later), I had not 1 but 2 "freebies" in the box! And they weren't some junk they had lying around, they were GOOD stuff. I think from my e-mailed question, Ed surmised that I could potentially have trouble with the relatively expensive blank I ordered and sent along two similar blanks for me to practice with! I guess I'll know where I'll be ordering from in the future!
BTW- Thanks for the advice Ed, the Casein turned like butter for me!
truittsosebee is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-03-2010, 05:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Local Chapter Manager

Photos: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by truittsosebee View Post
I know, some people get tired of hearing compliments about Exotic Blanks. However, when people run a business the way that Dawn and Ed do, thats to be expected. I placed an order last week for one pen blank, one pen kit, one set of bushings, one package of ink refills, and one Heritance nib. Not a high dollar order for sure. I sent Ed an e-mail asking some advice for the particular blank I ordered and received an answer in about 10 minutes. That same day, I recieved an e-mail letting me know that my order had shipped. When I recieved the package (just a couple of days later), I had not 1 but 2 "freebies" in the box! And they weren't some junk they had lying around, they were GOOD stuff. I think from my e-mailed question, Ed surmised that I could potentially have trouble with the relatively expensive blank I ordered and sent along two similar blanks for me to practice with! I guess I'll know where I'll be ordering from in the future!
BTW- Thanks for the advice Ed, the Casein turned like butter for me!
Thanks Truitt!!

You are correct!!! After our conversation, I thought you might have some difficulties. So, the extra blanks were "insurance" that you could learn a few things without ruining the casein.

Yes, some here have complained about the number of comments that are made about "exotics". You have NO IDEA how much satisfaction I gain from your note here!!

I enjoy time talking to turners (some days a couple hours). But, when I see someone say, "IT WORKED!!"

THAT makes my day.

Thanks a lot!!! and anyone who wants to call me, feel free.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Its great recommendation like this that have gotten me talking Biz with Ed and Dawn and both hoping and planning things to work out and we become great biz and custom relationship together Very soon!!!!!!

Karin Voorhis is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2010, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 16

Yup. I'm not one of their "big money" customers either. But they have always been so great about everything!
CSue is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Local Chapter Manager

Photos: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSue View Post
Yup. I'm not one of their "big money" customers either. But they have always been so great about everything!

Cathy,

Some people order MORE, some order LESS, but they are all ordering from US!!

We are grateful and hope to treat all customers as the "good friends" we hope they will become!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Photos: 11

I will second this. I just made my first order from them last week and got a freebie totally unexpected. The great thing is that it was one of the blanks I was considering ordering on my next order. The blanks I got are great looking. Thanks Ed and Dawn. I will be a regular customer. Plus my wife loved them and is excited to see them turned into pens.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ed has helped me several times and some of the blanks he sells are real popular with my friends, family, and customers. What a pleasure to deal with. His pheasant blanks are beautiful and the women in my family love his heart blanks. Thanks Ed.
bobjackson is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Chapter Steering Committee

Ed and Dawn are the type you can call if you have any questions/problems. I've talked with Ed several times. Dawn was very helpful last summer with my attempts to learn casting.
I don't know of very many other vendors like this.
Dave

Wisconsin Chapter Leader

http://woodjunky.weebly.com/

My money talks to me, it says good bye.
A penny saved is a government oversight.
ssajn is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-05-2010, 03:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Photos: 14

I know i am excited to place an order VERY SOON! I don't care what the "Haters" say.
RAdams is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Dang, Ron; you weren't supposed to read this post. Now you know what kind of blank I ordered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAdams View Post
I know i am excited to place an order VERY SOON! I don't care what the "Haters" say.
truittsosebee is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads