International Association of Penturners - View Single Post - Lambeau Field Bleacher Blanks
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 12:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sprung

Photos: 55

Default Lambeau Field Bleacher Blanks

These are blanks from the old wood bleachers from Lambeau Field in Green Bay, WI. These are the last of these blanks that I will have available for some time as I want to focus on some other aspects of woodworking beyond turning and blank making/stabilizing.

Standard blanks: $9/each - 8 remaining
Crosscut blanks: $10/each - 3 remaining

Please note that these blanks were cut from old, well weathered boards. I discard anything with serious checking or cracks, but some pieces may have a little bit of light surface checking or a nail hole. Since these are cut from 1 1/2" thick material, some of these blanks may be a little shy of 3/4" in size, but will still make a Jr. Gent II series pen with careful drilling. Blanks are 5" in length and were stabilized with Cactus Juice.

Grade "B" blanks: $6.50/each - 19 remaining

The other picture represents what I call my "grade b" Lambeau blanks. These are all good blanks that will still make a great pen, but aren't a regular sized pen blank. They're random lengths under 5" in length, but at least long enough to make a Sierra, or they are 5/8" in width in at least one dimension but are 5" long. A few may have a larger check or some extra nail holes or some other defect that needs some fill before working with them. But, that character is part of the charm - these character blanks are the ones I usually reach for to make a pen from this material and they're the ones that usually sold fastest as completed items.

There is also a picture of the card that I include with each blank that tells the history of this wood.

Prices do not include shipping. Payment by PayPal.

Please claim in this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
lf1.jpg   lf2.jpg   lf3.jpg  
Sprung is offline   Reply With Quote Top