International Association of Penturners - View Single Post - Female Communication?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 10:32 AM   #28 (permalink)
leehljp
Member Liaison

Photos: 46

• I heard a great message once that dealt with marriage. The speaker, a seminary president spoke on marriage. One thing he said in the message stood out prominently: "Men, keeping your wife happy is a moving target! What works today (that you were not expecting) does not work tomorrow!"

Quote:
I am tested regularly. It’s the whole “I don’t want you to DO the dishes, I want you to WANT to do the dishes” type thing. (Dehn0045)
My wife's best friend (when we were in overseas) was talking to LOML in my presence some years ago and said those exact words! I shook my head in disbelief, and was so happy that LOML has let me be me.

• I am a studier of personality types. I have the absolutely worst personality type for marriage - in the Myers Briggs, I am an INTP - the logician, strategist, little or no feelings of expression. But my logic has taught me that getting along requires some humble attitudes even when you don't know what you are being humble about! That is the best way to achieve the means to an end even when you don't know what the end IS.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
leehljp is offline   Reply With Quote Top