International Association of Penturners - View Single Post - Learning - Don't buy one of each pen kit to "try-out"
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 01:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Edgar
New Member Advocate

Photos: 23

John,
Just send me a note whenever you want to get started. I will send you some info to help you understand the overall design & scope of work and I will be glad to support you anyway that I can during the development process.

I realize that there are some Windows emulators for iOS apps. I'm not familiar with any of them, but I suspect that the user experience will not be very satisfying. Our app relies heavily on various finger gestures which are difficult to emulate in a non-touch screen device. Even the built-in emulator in the Apple iOS Development Kit leaves a lot to be desired. It is possible to perform all gestures with a mouse/tracking device, but it's not the same by any stretch.

If anyone does try some of the Windows emulators, I'd be very interested in seeing a review. Personally though, I only use Windows when I have no other choice, so I have no interest in them myself.

Edgar