Question for Liquid Diamonds users

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

I use liquid diamonds, but I can't answer your question as I only use it for clear casts. I just want to point out, and the reason I only clear cast with it, it sets up very slowly and unless you're doing a single color, you're going to have quite a time getting good color separation.

jttheclockman

My answer will mimic what Ken said. I never color liquid diamonds. Too me that is a waste of money as LD is more expensive than Silmar. If I have to color a blank it will be using Silmar which is the only 2 resins I ever use.

JohnU

Yes, the Alumilite brand dyes that I use in urethane resins have worked in Liquid Diamonds epoxy resin. I'm not sure about Polyresin dyes, they are more water based so Ive never tried them with anything else.

derekdd

Yes, you can use the alcohol based dyes or mica powders. Pretty much all the epoxy resins (Total Boat, Super Clear, etc.) work fine with those tinting products.

I use liquid diamonds for larger projects than pens such as river tables and serving boards. We often put down a layer of resin with color, then a couple of layers of clear to give it depth.

Top Bottom